#130: Meet the Real Mayor Pete—E. Michael Jones
Out of nowhere, in a matter of weeks, Pete Buttigieg, the Gay Mayor of South Bend, IN, is a well-known fixture in the American media consumer’s psyche as a candidate for President of the United States. Time Magazine put him on the cover standing awkwardly with his husband (or is it wife?) Chasten with the headline “First Family.” Like, totally normal.
Dr. E. Michael Jones, author of 12+ books on faith and culture and the editor of Culture Wars Magazine has written a concise biography about Mayer Pete titled Home Alone, a riff on the candidate’s memoirs (well, a memoir cum political manifesto), Shortest Way Home: One Mayor’s Challenge and a Model for America’s Future.
As it happens, Mayor Pete grew up three doors down on the same street as the Jones family i South Bend. Jones’s youngest son Adam attended the same school, and was also a valedictorian (in different years, of course) and both went to Harvard.
Yet, in Mayor Pete’s memoirs somehow—gosh, who knows why—there is no mention of neighbors like the Jones family. As Jones makes clear, almost nothing is what it appears when it comes to this longshot Democrat Party candidate.
In this episode you will learn
- The hard left wing political ideas of Antonio Gramsci and Michel Foucault held and taught by Mayor Pete’s father, the late Joe Buttigieg (RIP) of Notre Dame, and how these have profoundly influenced Junior.
- Why the homosexual is now considered the ideal citizen.
- The context of Mayor Pete’s mendacious rise in local politics and why South Bend residents do not grade him highly as major.
- How the Democratic Party essentially invented Citizen Pete out of thin air.
- Why Mayor Pete’s so-called gay marriage in the Episcopal church is the apotheosis of the 1930 Anglican decision to permit birth control.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Home Alone by E Michael Jones
- Slaughter of Cities: Urban Renewal as Ethnic Cleansing by E. Michael Jones
- The Contraception Deception: Catholic Teaching Explained by Patrick Coffin
- Culture Wars magazine ed. By E. Michael Jones
Join the Conversation!
Food for Thought:
Why is the Buttigieg candidacy a brilliant move for the elite establishment?
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons below and subscribe to the podcast. Would love to hear your comments.
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast and the YouTube Channel
(Click on the images and then click on the Subscribe icon)
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.