#177: Banned From the Sacraments—Philip Lawler
Phil Lawler has the long view of things. A professional journalist and editor for over 30 years, he has a broad sense of perspective. The CCP virus lockdown has introduced a serious threat to Catholic life insofar as the Council of Trent defined that the Sacraments are necessary for salvation, and that canon law (c 213 and elsewhere).
While Baptists ministers are getting arrested and fined (and refusing to pay), and they don’t have the Real Presence and no eucharistic Lord to adore, how come the bishops as a whole seem adamant in backing the secular refusal to see religious services as essential? Why are creative workarounds—which respect medical distancing protocols—of no apparent interest to our bishops?
In this episode you will learn
- Which are the questions that first need answering and why
- Why this sacramental lockdown is a violation of the rights of the faithful
- How the CCP virus has become a kind of celebrity in itself
- How lay Catholics can step into the breach of confusion
- The mixed signals sent by Pope Francis regarding the very church shut-down he endorsed, and what they might mean
- The gross inequality of what is considered “essential” in our fear-laden, faith-lessened society
Resources mentioned in this episode
- MyPillow.com: *NEW DEAL*, buy one get one free pricing on Supima MyPillows, Giza Dream Sheets, MyPillow Towels, Roll&, GoAnywhere pillows, Duvet Covers, Giza Pillowcases, Bolster pillows, and Neck pillows! Just go to the “radio listener specials” page at and use promo code PATRICK or call: 800-794-9652 and mention coupon code PATRICK. If you order Mike’s book, your entire MyPillow order will ship for FREE plus he will give you a $25 gift card for your next purchase.
- Covenant Eyes: It’s an accountability software designed to help you and those you love live a life free from pornography. Use code Patrick and try it out for Free for 30 days. Click here.
Join the Conversation below
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast
(Click on the images and then click on susbcribe)
Listen in Spotify:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!