#195: Being a Sheepdog in a Wolf World—Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
Dave Grossman knows what he’s talking about. The former Army Ranger, paratrooper, West Point professor of psychology, and author of On Killing, On Combat, and Assassination Generation, has plenty to say about the dynamics behind and beneath our current violence-addicted society.
He’s a unique combination of warrior and poet, a Christian gentleman in full.
In this episode you will learn
- The deep-seated reluctance of soldiers to kill during war
- Why the murder rate has spiked in the US since March, 2020
- Whether sheepdogs (cops, the military) are born or made
- How great poetry sheds light on the psychology of violence and loss
- Why Defund the Police movement, if successful, can destroy civilization in less than one generation
- Why Christian men need to train for battle, at a minimum on the spiritual plane
- The actual rate of PTSD among soldiers who have killed the enemy
- The importance of prayer in fortifying yourself and your family in an increasingly violent society
- The deadly role of video games and violence-based movies in real-world crime rates
Resources mentioned in this episode
MyPillow.com: *NEW DEAL*, buy one get one free pricing on Supima MyPillows, Giza Dream Sheets, MyPillow Towels, Roll&, GoAnywhere pillows, Duvet Covers, Giza Pillowcases, Bolster pillows, and Neck pillows! Just go to the “radio listener specials” page at and use promo code PATRICK or call: 800-794-9652 and mention coupon code PATRICK. If you order Mike’s book, your entire MyPillow order will ship for FREE plus he will give you a $25 gift card for your next purchase.
Covenant Eyes: It’s an accountability software designed to help you and those you love live a life free from pornography. Use code Patrick and try it out for Free for 30 days. Click here.
Join the Conversation below!
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast
(Click on the images and then click on susbcribe)
Listen in Spotify:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!