47: Can You Prove God Exists? Part II—Dr. Edward Feser
This episode continues the energetic exchange of last week’s live interview with philosopher Ed Feser. After the show proper, we turned the mikes over to the audience. This week’s special Part II show is the result!
Remember, Dr. Feser is the man that professor emeritus of Oxford, Dr. Richard Dawkins, does not want to debate. You can see why in this lively Q&A session, held at St. John the Baptist in Costa Mesa, CA. Feser is sharp, clear, funny, and engages the issues in a way that resonates with young people especially.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to answer basic (and more complex) questions about theism
- Effective ways to listen before giving answers even true and accurate answers
- Additional sources of information and formation for Christians looking to improve their communication skills with atheists
- The importance of patience and humility in the process
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Five Proofs of God’s Existence by Edward Feser
- I Burned For Your Peace: Augustine’s Confessions Unpacked by Peter Kreeft.
- By Man Shall His Blood Be Shed: A Catholic Defense of Capital Punishment by Ed Feser and Joseph Bessette
- Aquinas: A Beginner’s Guide by Ed Feser
- The Last Superstition: A Refutation of the New Atheism, by Edward Feser
Other recommended resources:
- How to Talk to Atheists CD Set by Patrick Coffin
Join the Conversation
Question of the week:
- What is your biggest take away from this episode?
Next week: Michael Augros on what makes humans human: the reality (and provability) of the soul. Don’t miss it!
Don’t forget to Subscribe to the show in YouTube, as well as the podcast so you can get the weekly show updates. Check the podcast in iTunes and other podcast directories, please leave an honest review.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons below.