90: Contraception and its Discontents —Dr. Chris Kazcor, Dr. George Delgado, MD & Father Paul Check
This special episode is made from three sit-down interviews I did at the recent 50th Anniversary of Humanae Vitae conference in Ontario, CA. I spoke with three experts in diverse fields, all with one thing in common: the ability to clearly describe why contraception is wrong and how to communicate that truth to others.
Dr. Christopher Kaczor, PhD, is professor of philosophy at Loyola-Marymount University in Los Angeles. He spoke to me about the child as good—a great good. Seems odd to have to say that out loud, but this is where we’re at as a society and a Church. Kaczor delivered on the moral philosophy aspect of Humanae Vitae.
Dr. George Delgado, MD, is medical director of Culture of Life Family Health Care in San Diego. He is also a Natural Family Planning Medical Consultant trained in NaProTECHNOLOGY and is board certified in family medicine as well as hospice and palliative medicine. Dr. Delgado also developed the abortion pill reversal medication. I’ve interviewed him many times on Catholic Answers Live. Our interview focused on the difference NFP makes in marriage.
Father Paul Check, former executive director of Courage International and now rector of St. John Fisher Seminary in Bridgeport, CT, spoke to me about a little-made connection: that between dissent from HV and the rise of the homosexualist movement. Where else are you going to hear this content?
In this episode you will learn:
- A simple way to explain why kids are the fruit and crown of marriage, which is true even if some couples are infertile
- How moral philosophy helps explain why contraception is wrong
- The difference between contraception and NFP (natural family planning)
- A family doctor’s perspective on the emotional and spiritual health benefits of NFP
- How the rejection of the Church’s teaching on contraception led to societal acceptance of homosexuality
- Why straight couples who contracept have no logical basis to reject “gay” “marriage”
Resources recommended in this episode:
- Life Issues, Medical Choices: Questions and Answers for Catholics by Christopher Kazcor and Janet Smith
- A Defense of Dignity: Creating Life, Destroying Life, and Protecting the Rights of Conscience by Dr. Christopher Kazcor
- Desire of the Everlasting Hills documentary movie (free to watch)
Question of the week
How can I grow in my understanding of the teaching on birth control and better share it with others?
Comment below or on our Facebook page
“Like” us on Facebook HERE
Sign up to the waiting list for our upcoming premium site Coffin Nation. You’ll be the first to be notified!
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful
Please share it using the social media buttons below.