141: Dubia Cardinal Goes On the Record—Raymond Cardinal Burke
Under the papacy of Pope Francis, Catholics around the world are asking themselves wondering about the foundations—the claims and teachings—of the Faith. What is doctrinal and binding and what is disciplinary and optional?
Every week there’s a new crisis or scandal. The clarity and precision Catholics came to expect under previous Popes seems a thing of the past. And yet Catholics who love Jesus want also to love His Vicar. Staying balanced is no mean feat.
The former Archbishop of St. Louis (and Bishop of LaCrosse before that), Raymond Cardinal Burke is a counter sign to the weaponized ambiguity, a bright light in a climate of confusion. His service to Christ and the Church is unique: he was ordained in St. Peter’s Square by St. Paul VI and consecrated a bishop by St. John Paul II.
Promoted to head the Supreme Apostolic Signatura by Pope Benedict XVI, he was demoted by Benedict’s successor, and then further sidelined by the Order of Malta. The reasons are slightly obvious. Cardinal Burke is unafraid of conflict when proclaiming the full truth, moral and ecclesial, of Jesus Christ.
Often falsely portrayed in the MSM as a “hardliner” or “Francis critic” or “culture warrior prelate,” Cardinal Burke is the picture of gentle articulation. He speaks clearly, forcefully (when needed), but with nary a whiff of bombast or self-promotion. In this uncensored, unscripted conversation, His Eminence speaks to the biggest problems facing the Church and reveals an astonishing command of the facts of recent history (names, dates, authors, documents, etc.) and the heart of a shepherd who’s committed to uniting truth and love.
In this episode you will learn
- The roots of the current doctrinal confusion (hint: modernism)
- Why he became a priest
- Why canon law is “not for the faint of heart”
- His views on Carlo Maria Viganò and the impact of the Viganò letters
- Why Catholics should NOT be upset by the upcoming Pan Amazon Synod
- His thoughts on the two theories, “Pope Francis was not validly elected” and “Benedict’s abdication was not valid.”
- The implications of the promotion of so many homosexualist prelates in the Vatican
- Which bishops and cardinals he admires and why
- Whether he thinks Pope Francis will ever answer the Dubia questions
- Why Catholics today must cling ever more closely to Christ
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Five Dubia Questions submitted to, and ignored by, Pope Francis.
- Hope for the World: To Unite All Things in Christ by Raymond Cardinal Burke and Guillaume d’Alançon.
- Divine Love Made Flesh: The Holy Eucharist as the Sacrament of Charity by Raymond Cardinal Burke
- Nostalgia: Going Home in a Homeless World by Anthony Esolen
- Christ the Life of the Soul by Blessed Columba Marmion
- Life of Christ by Archbishop Fulton Sheen
- MyPillow.com: MyPillow’s patented interlocking fill adjusts to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. Allowing your pillow to hold that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Use code “Patrick” at checkout and save more. 10 year warranty/guaranteed not to go flat. 60 day money back guarantee. Or call: 800-794-9652 and mention coupon Patrick to get a deal.
- Covenant Eyes: Is an accountability software designed to help you and those you live life free from pornography. Use code Patrick and try it out for Free for 30 days. Click here.
Join the Conversation!
Food for Thought:
Do I live my daily life as though Christ has left me an orphan or is working out a grand plan of restoration amidst the darkness?
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast and the YouTube Channel
(Click on the images and then click on the Subscribe icon)
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.