Five Books for Beach Reading
In this video, you get my five Best Summer Book recommendations. Give TikTok and videos a rest and READ.
- There is no substitute for the vital connection between the ideas of an author and the mind of a reader.
According to Mortimer Adler, an author is like the pitcher, and he’s throwing balls at you the catcher-reader with each sentence, each paragraph, each chapter. To properly engage a pitcher, a catcher can’t crouch there passively because he’ll either get hit by a fastball — or a curveball will miss him altogether.
- Reclaiming Our Roman Catholic Birthright: The Genius and Timeliness of the Traditional Latin Mass by Dr. Peter Kwasniewski. Get a copy here.
- “Logos Rising: A History of Ultimate Reality” by E Michael Jones. Get a copy here.
- “Sanctity In Other Words” by Dom Hubert Van Zeller. Get a copy here.
- “Green Dolphin Street” —the 1944 novel by Elizabeth Goudge. Get a copy here.
- “The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future” by Ryder Carroll. Get a copy here.
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HEREF
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast
(Click on the images and then click on susbcribe)
While you are there, please leave an honest review.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!