IF YOU ENJOY OUR SHOW AND CONTENT, PLEASE CONSIDER BEING AN AMBASSADOR. WE ARE 100% LISTENER SUPPORTED.CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT.
In this video, I focus on the fact that, in the compulsive and fear-driven media coverage of mass shootings, everyone seems to blame the wrong things.
Lots of FEELINGS are unleashed, with very little THINKING about the roots of the behavior. To come up with ideas you need to THINK and not just FEEL.
Here’s what used to be an obvious fact: Good, strong, loving moms and dads create—for the most part—good, strong loving children. A family environment that is affirming while disciplining and challenging is very likely to prevent the raising of a mass shooter.
Families like this listen to one another, they NOTICE things going well or going wrong. This alone is a potential red flag event that could prevent a murder spree.
You’ve never heard of William Patrick Williams, because his attentive Texas grandmother alerted the authorities.
It’s a fact: Millennials and Gen Zs have lost the age-old pillars of support:
Through rampant no-fault divorce, and through a massive loss of faith, skyrocketing fatherlessness, they have become isolated through technology, and have no strong network of community in either Church or the culture generally.
Bible Verses on the Family:
“What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder.”– Mark 10:9 on Marriage.
“Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of sons is their fathers.”– Proverbs 17:6.
“Fathers, provoke not your children to indignation, lest they be discouraged.” – Col 3:21
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” – Psalm 133:1
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
“Honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.” – Matthew 19:19
“ Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.” – Ephesians 5:25-26.
“But if any man have not care of his own, and especially of those of his house, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” – 1 Tim 5:8
Five things families can do to prevent children from becoming shooters:
1. Assess your child’s relationships
2. Take note of and limit your child’s online go-to games and websites. The internet is a very violent place and with chat rooms and anonymous posting sites, someone already prone to anti-social behavior or extreme views can have their bad attitudes worsened. Dr. Nick Karadaras, author of “Glow Kids,” found a causal connection between mass shooters and hardcoread frequent video game use.
3. Doctors should conduct standard mental health screenings, but that can only happen if parents are PAYING ATTENTION to warning signs of mental illness, and TALK to their doctors.
4. Pray together as a family from a very early age. Family prayer is a forgotten art. Let’s remember it and bring it back.
5. Don’t get divorced. Don’t follow your dream of freedom from your yucky spouse at the cost of your children’s dream of having mom and dad together.
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
While you are there, please leave an honest review.