87: How Christian America turned Secular—Charles LiMandri (video segment- full audio below)
The founding fathers of America never envisioned the secularist UCLU version to which we are conditioned to accept as normative. References to the Bible, to Jesus Christ, and to God the Father abound in presidential speeches and writings at the outset of the United States of America.
So how did we get here? Attorney Charles Limandri has some thought-provoking answers to that question. The founder of the Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund talked about Supreme Court decisions that have deformed the culture, from the 1957 Roth decision that redefined obscenity under the First Amendment right to free speech; to the 1963 demolition of prayer in public schools, to the Griswold v Connecticut decision that legalized the sale and advertising of contraception; on up to the 2018 Obergefel v Hodges case, which imposed gay marriage on the country.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why the founders anticipated the societal and institutional health of the country only in the context of a religious and moral people.
- How the law allowing contraception led to the 1973 Roe v Wade decision based on a made-up thing called “the right to privacy” as found in the U.S. Constitution.
- The true meaning and origin of the phrase “separation of Church and state” and how it’s used as a cudgel against Christian ideals in the public square.
- Why “freedom of religion” is a far broader and richer reality that “freedom of worship”
- Current threats to free speech in areas such as the wedding industry (and photography, and B&Bs, and bakeries) when it comes to refusing to advocate for the LGTB lobby.
- Strong motivations for continuing to support cultural sanity and common sense in the face of increasing persecution.
Resources recommended in this episode:
- After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90’s by Hunter Madsen and Marshall Kirk.
- Good-bye Religious Liberty? How the Attacks on Marriage Are Threatening Your Religious Freedom audio CD by Charles LiMandri.
- The Naked Communist: Exposing Communism and Restoring Freedom by W. Cleon Skousen.
- How the US Became a Secular Nation article in The Wanderer by Charles LiMandri.
Question of the week
What can my family do together to restore the faith and discipleship element to your life?
Comment below or our Facebook page.
“Like” us on Facebook HERE
Sign up to the waiting list for our upcoming premium site Coffin Nation. You’ll be the first to be notified!
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful
Please share it using the social media buttons below.