113: How Lavender Is the Church?—Joseph Sciambra (Free Version)
We read a lot about “the priestly sex abuse scandal,” which goes by various names, most of them euphemisms meant to deflect the truth of the matter. Joseph Sciambra knows all about the deflection of truth. He grew up in the San Francisco Bay area, a product of the beige Catholicism Lite of the 1970s and 80s.
Casual porn use starting before he was ten led him down an increasingly perverse path including a complete embrace of the homosexual lifestyle. He performed in gay porn. He had a near-death experience. He had terrifying encounters with the demonic. And Jesus Christ liberated him.
Joseph became friends with the founding father of reparative therapy, Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, PhD, and the founder of the Courage apostolate. Father John Harvey, OFSF.
His fine blog, www.josephsciambra.com, is the go-to place if you want to see the pro-LGTB dioceses, archdioceses, gay-friendly prelates and programs infecting the Catholic Church in America and beyond. In this interview, we discuss just how lavender is the Church today, even after the ostensible efforts at ridding the Church of what Pope Benedict XVI called “the moral filth”?
In this episode you will learn
- How he escaped the brutal, dark world of the Castro District homosexual life
- Why homosexuals cannot function as healthy, effective Catholic priests
- How homosexuality became normalized through pop culture
- The reasons why Sciambra believes the “born that way” theory is dead wrong
- How chastity and living the sacramental life of Christ continues to change his life
- His message to bishops and archbishops who allow the LGTB agenda to take root in their dioceses
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Disordered: A Critical Examination of Gay Life and Culture From One Who Survived by Joseph Sciambra
- Shame and Attachment Loss: The Practical Work of Reparative Therapy audiobook by Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, PhD
- Living the Truth in Love: Pastoral Approaches to Same-Sex Attraction Kindle Edition ed by Janet Smith and Father Paul Check
- Courage Apostolate for same sex attracted Catholics and those who love them
- Joseph Sciambra’s blog
Join the Conversation
Question of the week:
Why are so many Catholic leaders either afraid to speak the truth about homosexuality or are ignorant of that truth?
Follow PCM on Facebook here.
Don’t forget to Subscribe to the show in YouTube, as well as the podcast so you can get the weekly show updates. Check the podcast in iTunes and other podcast directories, please leave an honest review.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful
Join our waiting list for Coffin Nation here. Doors open this summer 2019.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons below.