74: How to Be Pro-Life—David Bereit
You may have heard of 40 Days For Life, and you may have heard of its founder and former CEO David Bereit. This interview dives into his story, what inspired him to get directly involved in pro-life activism, and into the reasons why he entered the Catholic Church this past Easter. Bereit is a pro at communicating the pro-life message with reason, balance, and passion.
So many people, even pro-lifers, don’t have a clear idea of what abortion is—the different methods, the longterm emotional effect on the mother’s health, and on the dads involved. As Bereit explains, being pro-life is about opposing abortion but it’s also about so much more.
In this interview, you will learn:
- The secret ingredient in your approach that can mean the difference between an abortion and a life saved.
- The specific reasons why the timeless teachings of the Catholic Church won Bereit over.
- The originating incident that led to the founding of 40 Days For Life.
- Why abortion will never be defeated until we tell the truth about what it does to baby and mother.
- Why it’s vital that we link arms with people of other faiths, or no faith, to form a non-violent army of people committed to ending abortion and to healing moms and dads whos chose it.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- 40 Days for Life: Discover What God Has Done…Imagine What He Can Do by David Bereit and Shawn Carney.
Further recommended reading:
The Hand of God: A Journey from Death to Life by The Abortion Doctor Who Changed His Mind by Dr Bernard Nathanson
Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments Expanded & Updated by Randy Alcorn
The Patrick Coffin Show is 100% listener supported. Help us keep our show independent and unfiltered.
Consider supporting our work with a one-time or recurring donation HERE.
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Check out the store HERE
Sign up for our Inside Scoop newsletter with the best of The Patrick Coffin Show each week.
Join the Conversation
Question of the week:
Why have pro-lifers been labeled as unhinged or violent by the media, when over 99% of violent acts (including abortion itself) stem from groups invested in keep abortions legal?
Don’t forget to Subscribe to the show in YouTube, as well as the podcast so you can get the weekly show updates. Check the podcast in iTunes and other podcast directories, while you are there, please leave an honest review.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons below.