152: Hauntings, Possessions, and Exorcisms—Adam Blai (Free Version)
Perhaps because of movies like The Exorcist and TV shows like Ghost Hunters, one wonders if more people believe in demons than in angels. Demonologist Adam Blai has devoted his life to training exorcist priests and lecturing on the different levels of demonic activity: temptation, oppression, infestation, and (the much rarer) possession. His sometimes harrowing experiences are found in his book, Hauntings, Possessions, and Exorcisms, which is part autobiography and part field manual.
The devil and his angels are real, but they are on a strong leash held by Jesus Christ. We need the grace of Christ to ask for more virtue, and greater faith, so we can live daily in victory over our common enemy.
In this episode you will learn
- The distinction between the appearance of a ghost, a spirit, and a hallucination
- How Blai got into this important but difficult work
- The criteria used by the Church to rule in, or rule out, the influence of the demonic
- Why mental illness can co-exist with demonic activity in a person
- Why the Catholic Church exercises very healthy skepticism when examining a claim of possession
- Things and activities people must avoid unless they want to be vulnerable to diabolical influence
- Why regular prayer and living a sacramental life are the best antidote to the work of the devil
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Hauntings, Possessions, and Exorcisms by Adam Blai
- Jesus Christ the Bearer of the Water of Life Vatican document
- The Exorcist Blu-ray dir. by William Friedkin (1973)
MyPillow.com: MyPillow’s patented interlocking fill adjusts to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. Allowing your pillow to hold that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Use code “Patrick” at checkout and save more. 10 year warranty/guaranteed not to go flat. 60 day money back guarantee. Or call: 800-794-9652 and mention coupon Patrick to get a deal.
Join the Conversation
What am I doing to more effectively protect my children from the devastating effects of literary propaganda?
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast and the YouTube Channel
(Click on the images and then click on the Subscribe icon)
Apple/Mac Users podcast:
Android Users podcast:
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.