194: Keep Your Eyes On China—David Mulroney
Former Canadian Ambassador to China (2009-2012) David Mulroney, thinks Canada and other western countries need to do more to engage both the people of China and the communist dictatorship under which they live.
Mulroney’s insights, from a Canadian perspective, will ring true for China-watchers in America and everywhere. The CCP may not take over the world, but that’s their basic course heading.
In this episode you will learn
- How the Chinese Communist Party strikes deals with countries and companies, but not its own dissident citizens
- The meaning of guanxi, or diplomatic quid pro quo and ow it governs the Chinese mindset
- Recent examples of crackdowns in the area of religious freedom
- The mind-boggling price foreign governments must pay to obtain a Panda bear for a zoo
- How America’s foreign wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere contributed to a major distraction from CCP ambitions
- The (practicing Catholic) former Ambassador’s take on the disastrous Vatican-China Accord
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Middle Power, Middle Kingdom: What Canadians Need to Know about China in the 21st Century by David Mulroney
- Nor Scrip Nor Shoes – The Autobiography of a Missionary Priest by Father John McGoey, SFM
MyPillow.com: *NEW DEAL*, buy one get one free pricing on Supima MyPillows, Giza Dream Sheets, MyPillow Towels, Roll&, GoAnywhere pillows, Duvet Covers, Giza Pillowcases, Bolster pillows, and Neck pillows! Just go to the “radio listener specials” page at and use promo code PATRICK or call: 800-794-9652 and mention coupon code PATRICK. If you order Mike’s book, your entire MyPillow order will ship for FREE plus he will give you a $25 gift card for your next purchase.
Join the Conversation below!
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast and the YouTube Channel
(Click on the images and then click on the Subscribe icon)
Apple/Mac Users podcast:
Android Users podcast:
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.