IF YOU ENJOY OUR SHOW AND CONTENT, PLEASE CONSIDER BEING AN AMBASSADOR. WE ARE 100% LISTENER SUPPORTED.CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT.
I am updating something I said 12 months ago, this time focusing on how to crush 2020.
If you want to make the absolute most out of the coming year, here are my top 10 tactics for total tenacity and triumph…..And I apologize for the terrible alliteration.
In no particular order:
1. Don’t make a New Year’s resolution. Make a plan.
2. As Nir Eyal says in his fine book “Indistractable,” master your internal triggers. Listen to them.
3. Speaking of writing things down, well everyone gets excited about to-do list, write a not-to-do list.
4. Cry more. The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35 and describes what Jesus did when he learned that his friend Lazarus had died. “Jesus wept.”
5. Pick up your smartphone and delete your social media apps. Delete them. I dare you.
6. Small is huge. A lot of us get grandiose ideas about how this year’s going to be different/way better/more powerful etc than last year, and we forget that small wins are the key to success.
7. Don’t lie to yourself about your willpower. None of us have strong willpower. You are weak, and I am weak, and we both need constant, deliberate reliance on the grace of God to do anything well.
8. Get thee to a Latin Mass. Go for the sumptuous silence, the reverent atmosphere, the sight of young large families, the smells and bells, the fellow Catholics actually singing, and the aerobic exercise afforded by sitting, standing, and kneeling.
9. Don’t argue about the Faith. Even if you win the argument, as Bishop Sheen said, you can lose the soul. I know this sounds counterintuitive, but…
10. This last one is a joke one: be part of the Coffin Nation community.
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
While you are there, please leave an honest review.