170: The Fallout from Querida Amazonia—Carl Olson (Free Version)
The Catholic Church will be dealing with the fallout from the recent Apostolic Exhortation “Querida Amazonia” for many years to come. In this episode of the Patrick Coffin Show, I sit down with the editor of Catholic World Report and Ignatius Insight, author Carl Olsen to talk about the text of the document, and how Catholics are to view it in light of previous magisterial documents.
The big question Catholics around the world are asking is, why was the Synod called in the first place?
In this episode you will learn
- The interrelationship between the Final Document, the 2018 Apostolic Constitution Episcopalis Communio by Pope Francis, and Querida Amazonia.
- The crisis created by including cheesy poetry into an official Catholic magisterial document.
- The influence of liberal German prelates on the entire affair, before, during, and after.
- The reaction of left-wing Catholic commentators and bishops to the lack of explicit approval for priestesses and married clergy, and what it means.
- The right and duty of Catholic journalists to comment and reflect on what the Pope says and does.
- The possible effect of people’s confusion on current and future converts to the Faith.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Querida Amazonia by Pope Francis.
- Final Document General Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops.
- Episcopalis Communio by Pope Francis.
MyPillow.com: MyPillow is now making towels. Made with USA Cotton, soft yet absorbent. Use code “Patrick” at checkout and save 30%. Enjoy a 60-day money-back guarantee. Call: 800-794-9652 and mention coupon “Patrick” to get the deal.
Join the Conversation below
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast and the YouTube Channel
(Click on the images and then click on the Subscribe icon)
Apple/Mac Users podcast:
Android Users podcast:
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.