158: The Story Behind the Pachamama Story—Alexander Tschugguel (Free Version)
Two months ago, Alexander Tschugguel (chu-goo-gle) was almost a complete unknown, apart from pro-life activism in his native Vienna, Austria. All that changed when he released the video his removal of five Pachamama idols that sat at the side altar of the church of Santa Maria of Traspontina in Rome marching them on the ancient Ponte Sant’Angelo over the Tiber River and knocked them, one by one, into the drink.
Now Alexander is, if not world famous, certainly admired by millions of faithful Catholics around the world for his daring early morning (on October 21, 2019) cleansing of a church built for the worship of God alone.
He has been praised as a hero by Bishop Athanasius Schneider, Prof. Roberto de Mattei, Dubia Cardinals Walter Brandmüller and Raymond Burke, and Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò—and derided as a “controversial thief” by Crux Now news.
In that single, simple act, all the dysfunctions and pathologies of the Catholic Church today seemed to crystallize into the image of the ugly statues splashing into the Tiber. This interview with him delves into his upbringing and conversion to the Catholic Faith, his motivations, and how his effort to resist corruption has just begun.
In this episode you will learn
- Why Tschugguel became a Catholic in the midst of a Lutheran family
- His motivation to return to Rome after witnessing the worship of the Pachamama Idol Gardens in the presence of Pope Francis
- Why the young Austrian believes Catholic culture does not need to be invented but merely reclaimed
- The reason why the Pope’s apology to anyone who is offended by the removal of the idols came as a relief to Tschugguel
- The recent examples of LGBT-themed scandals brought about by…Christoph Cardinal Schönborn, the general editor of the Catechism of the Church, and formerly reliable orthodox prelate
- Some inspirations for people who are tepid or afraid to be labeled as “activist” to get in the fight to restore Christ’s Church in order to bring more souls to the Lord according to His standard
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Saint Boniface Institute devoted to culture and founded by Alexander Tschugguel
- Disturbing images from some recent pro-LGBT events endorsed by Cardinal Schönborn inside the beautiful Cathedral of St. Stephen in Vienna
MyPillow.com: MyPillow is now making towels, Made with USA Cotton, soft yet absorbent. Use code “Patrick” at checkout and save 30% . 60 day money back guarantee. Or Call: 800-794-9652 and mention coupon “Patrick” to get the deal.
Join the Conversation
What is stopping you from actively fighting Church corruption okay in your sphere of influence?
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast and the YouTube Channel
(Click on the images and then click on the Subscribe icon)
Apple/Mac Users podcast:
Android Users podcast:
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.