171: The Straight Goods On Fasting—Father Hezekias Carnazzo (Free Version)
Catholics of the Eastern persuasion take fasting seriously. It looms large in their approach to penitential Seasons in the Church’s calendar. Fr. Hezekias Carnazzo (formerly Deacon Sabatino) founded the Institute of Catholic Culture, and has since served as its Executive Director. He also serves as the Director of the Office of Catechesis and Evangelization for the Melkite Greek Catholic Eparchy of Newton. And is the father of seven.
He is convinced that the sense of apathy and misunderstanding toward the great benefits of fasting has got to change. Fasting not only has health benefits but it is badly needed today for Christians who desire to grow and self-mastery and love of Christ. Listen in!
In this episode you will learn
- the biblical roots of fasting
- the relationship between physical hunger and metaphysical hunger for God
- how Catholics can get out of the “indispensable daily minimum” approach to fasting
- the lessons you learn quickly when fasting
- personal examples of the power of fasting
- how a secular mindset is currently more disposed to fasting through things like the Keto Diet than is the mindset of the majority of Catholics
- why all of human life is a Lenten season
Resources mentioned in this episode
MyPillow.com: MyPillow is now making towels. Made with USA Cotton, soft yet absorbent. Use code “Patrick” at checkout and save 30%. Enjoy a 60-day money-back guarantee. Call: 800-794-9652 and mention coupon “Patrick” to get the deal.
Join the Conversation below
Connect with me on social media:
Tweet to Patrick HERE
Follow Patrick on Facebook HERE
Subscribe to the Podcast and the YouTube Channel
(Click on the images and then click on the Subscribe icon)
Apple/Mac Users podcast:
Android Users podcast:
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel:
While you are there, please leave an honest review.