63: Resolving gender confusion—Hudson Byblow (2/4)
This is part two of our four part series on transgenderism.
Hudson lived through a long, dark season of shame and sexual confusion.Early exposure to pornography, feeling inferior to his older brother, and other factors affecting his relationships led Hudson along a path toward gender confusion, an ingrained porn habit, and self-loathing.
Years of drifting brought him to a moment of truth, a fundamental choice: to choose love and its demands, or give in to the lawlessness of lust?
In response, God poured out His grace and Hudson was restored to the peace and lasting joy that chastity brings. In this courageously transparent interview, he recalls the sorrow and shame that kept him in invisible chains, but pointing also to the insistent way Christ began to move in his heart and mind.
Today, Hudson Byblow is a sought-after speaker and consultant. His approach to same-sex attraction is fully in line with the teachings of the Church but it emphasizes the dimension of personal testimony and the importance of the lost art of listening.
In this episode, you will learn
- Why the language we use when speaking with hurting or angry people with sexual wounds can make the difference between breakthrough and breakdown
- How loneliness and self-rejection can fuel porn addiction
- The psychological roots of cross-dressing and gender confusion
- How a robust Catholic life provides the security and support for those with backgrounds like this
- The power of telling your story, of being willing to summarize how God has worked in your life
- Theology of the Body in One Hour by Jason Evert
- If You Really Loved Me: 100 Questions on Dating, Relationships, and Sexual Purity, by Jason Evert
- Courage International including En-Courage for loved ones of folks with same-sex attractions and the free documentary, Desire of the Everlasting Hills
- Why I Don’t Call Myself Gay: How I Reclaimed My Sexual Reality and Found Peace, by Daniel Mattson
Patrick Coffin Show is 100% listener supported. Help us keep our show independent and unfiltered.
Consider supporting our work with a one-time or recurring donation HERE.
Tweet to Patrick: https://twitter.com/Patrick_Coffin
Follow Patrick on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/patrickcoffin.media/
Check out the store: https://www.patrickcoffin.net/all-products
Sign up for our Inside Scoop newsletter with the best of The Patrick Coffin Show each week: https://patrickcoffin.media/scoop
Join the Conversation
Question of the week: Why do we need to begin and end with kindness when it comes to speaking with people mired in gender confusion?
Don’t forget to Subscribe to the show in YouTube, as well as the podcast so you can get the weekly show updates. Check the podcast in iTunes and other podcast directories, while you are there, please leave an honest review.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons below.