121: “Unplanned” Heroine and Star—Abby Johnson and Ashley Bratcher
I was going to title this episode The Two Abbys, but that would have led to misunderstandings. It’s a two-hander featuring actress Ashley Bratcher and the woman she plays in the movie Unplanned, former Planned Parenthood Director Abby Johnson.
Unplanned came out after Gosnell and before Roe v Wade, the trio of strongly pro-life films of 2018 and 2019. Both the real life heroine Abby and the actress who brings her story to the screen thanks to co-writers Cary Solomon and Chuck Konzelman. An amazing story, now in cinematic garb.
In this episode you will learn
- How the book came about to begin with
- Why Hollywood’s MPAA gave it a Rated R rating and why this may help the movie’s box office
- The secret that the mother of actress Ashley Bratcher’s confessed to her after she got the role and had begin filming
- Why this is the kind of movie that changes the game regarding the reality of abortion
- Anecdotes galore from the set
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Movie Unplanned
- Book Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader’s Eye-Opening Journey across the Life Line by Abby Johnson
- Movie Gosnell: America’s Biggest Serial Killer
Join the Conversation!
Question of the week:
True or false: Americans will never abolish abortion until they know what it is
Follow PCM on Facebook here.
Don’t forget to Subscribe to the show in YouTube, as well as the podcast so you can get the weekly show updates. Check the podcast in iTunes and other podcast directories, please leave an honest review.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons below.
Would you like to enjoy other show segments, live webinars and
get access to a Christian community of culture builders?
DOORS TO COFFIN NATION ARE NOW OPEN!
Doors close this Friday, March 29.